Sad but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States could save almost 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Kansas City is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Missouri. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a negative credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Kansas City is much easier if you know where to start. In a nutshell, each driver who is overpaying for insurance will probably get better rates. But Missouri vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better insurance rates.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major companies allow lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Big cities mean more claims – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Policy add-ons add up – Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Save money with good credit – An insured’s credit history can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Audi A4 by improving your credit score.
Age of drivers – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance losses for an Audi A4 – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A4 4dr 2WD||179||107||103||80||112||100|
|Audi A4 4dr 4WD||160||94||118||66||68||77|
|Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD||145||84||110||47||47||70|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Audi A4 insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information displayed next outlines different insurance costs for Audi A4 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$222||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,210||$101|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$502||$302||$18||$90||$1,134||$95|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$502||$302||$18||$90||$1,134||$95|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$222||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,210||$101|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$578||$302||$18||$90||$1,236||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter price quotes greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Audi A4 yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can increase Audi A4 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Audi A4 insurance discounts in Kansas City
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Audi A4 annual premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate companies who offer cheap Audi A4 insurance quotes in Missouri, follow this link.
Cover all your bases
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Audi A4 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)