Chevy Malibu insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Malibu insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Kansas City.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Malibu insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Once received, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Sad but true, the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates and save money.
The quickest way to compare rates for Chevy Malibu insurance in Kansas City takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide details such as if a SR-22 is required, an estimate of your credit level, the ages of drivers, and how much coverage you want. Those rating factors is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Chevy Malibu insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Kansas City.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Kansas City, MO. To buy the best car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy Malibu
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Chevy Malibu has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy Malibu. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Malibu are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Chevy Malibu detailed coverage information
The premium information shown next showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Chevy Malibu models. Learning how premiums are established can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can modify prices noticeably.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Malibu insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Malibu yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Malibu replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Malibu insurance in Kansas City
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- College Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Kansas City and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Claim-Free Discount - Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevy Malibu annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in Kansas City. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.