Purchasing the lowest price Kansas City Volkswagen Touareg insurance quotes can seem to be impossible for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how can you have a chance to compare every company in order to find better prices?
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Kansas City is your goal, then having an understanding of how to compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rates from different companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to get quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Missouri. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Kansas City, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Kansas City, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen Touareg, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen Touareg but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Premium rates and analysis
The information shown below outlines a range of insurance prices for Volkswagen Touareg models. Being able to understand how prices are determined is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$138||$290||$302||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$138||$290||$302||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Kansas City garaging location which can affect premium rates considerably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Volkswagen Touareg annual premium costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Kansas City
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Touareg insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact rule to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Touareg replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Kansas City with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Touareg insurance premium.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Touareg auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, multiple autos, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family discounts include bundled insurance, air bags, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my Volkswagen Touareg covered if I use it for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.