If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Kansas City. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get price comparisons are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Ford Flex insurance in Kansas City is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate the best price.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kansas City, MO. To find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Flex
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Ford Flex models. Understanding how auto insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$140||$250||$322||$20||$96||$828||$69|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$140||$296||$322||$20||$96||$874||$73|
|Flex SEL AWD||$156||$296||$322||$20||$96||$890||$74|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$156||$296||$322||$20||$96||$890||$74|
|Flex Limited AWD||$156||$296||$322||$20||$96||$890||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Ford Flex insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex insurance prices with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Flex claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable Kansas City insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Flex insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer these discounts are:
If you need low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Kansas City, click here.
Which car insurance company is best in Missouri?
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurer can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Missouri. The company information below can help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%