Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved as much as $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Kansas City.
- Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from local Kansas City auto insurance companies. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want cheap auto insurance in Missouri, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new GT can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To find insurers with discount car insurance rates in Missouri, click here.
Ratings for Kansas City car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Kansas City. The company rank data listed below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What Determines Ford GT Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford GT by improving your rating.
- Marriage is a factor – Your spouse actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.