Are you regretting buying an expensive insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Kansas City consumers are in the same pinch.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Most drivers in Kansas City could save 25% every year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Buick Rainier insurance in Kansas City is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences on the page. Once you submit the form, the quote system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote. Using the web to get rates for Buick Rainier insurance in Kansas City helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kansas City, MO. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Rainier
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Kansas City, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Rainier has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Buick at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your Buick and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Buick gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Rainier definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Kansas City.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Kansas City that can provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a good Kansas City insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Kansas City can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get some free quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City that can possibly get you rate quotes.
Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Kansas City will have answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long have they been in business?
After receiving good responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can cancel your policy at any point so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Missouri?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Missouri?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
You can lower your insurance rates
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper Buick Rainier insurance in Kansas City can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Kansas City auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Kansas City auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost.
How to find lower priced Buick Rainier insurance in Kansas City
The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Buick Rainier insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Kansas City.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)