It’s astonishing, but over 70% of Missouri drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America can save as much as 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on Toyota Avalon insurance in Kansas City is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Missouri. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Find a Kansas City insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Kansas City is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Practically every car owner who shops around for insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. But Missouri vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell online because it varies considerably.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Avalon auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, defensive driver, daytime running lights, federal employee, air bags, anti-theft, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and accident-free.
Check with every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To see providers who offer car insurance discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Toyota Avalon insurance in Kansas City is pretty painless as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on many factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
In order to use this form to compare rates, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Avalon models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are determined can aid in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Kansas City location which can affect coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can change Toyota Avalon insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Avalon insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Occupation can influence prices – Jobs like lawyers, business owners, and financial analysts tend to pay the highest average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers pay the least.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The next chart uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Avalon car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save money by having multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies allow better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
How credit history affects car insurance rates – Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Avalon if you improve your credit rating.
File claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in Missouri give the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Toyota Avalon claim data – Companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Avalon vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Avalon Hybrid||120||72||132||107||85||80|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Should I buy only the required Missouri minimum liability coverage?
- Does my Toyota Avalon qualify for pleasure use?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying from insurance agencies
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Kansas City should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you receive good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a company that will properly service your car insurance policy. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy at any time so don’t assume you are locked into any specific agency for the full term.
Why you need Toyota Avalon insurance in Missouri
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Avalon has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Toyota and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Missouri. The information shown next can help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Cheaper Toyota Avalon insurance in Kansas City can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Toyota Avalon insurance in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Seniors in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)