Would you like to buy more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City? Having to pay for overpriced insurance in Kansas City can sap your funds and force you to make tough financial choices.
Unfortunately, most consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Missouri could save almost 25% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Missouri.
- First, read and learn about coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to compare prices before your policy renews because prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Kansas City is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Smart buyers just have to understand how to buy car insurance instantly.
Getting a cheap price on Chevy Sonic insurance is actually quite simple. All you need to do is spend a little time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
It’s so simple to compare insurance rates online makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Missouri. To locate cheaper auto insurance in MO, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Chevy Sonic insurance discounts in Kansas City
Some providers don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Sonic can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including pay in full, early shopping, homeowner, mature driver, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good student, teen driver discount, safety features, and new move discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you want affordable Kansas City auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Kansas City. To choose insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Missouri, follow this link.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Liability risk factors – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurers allow better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in Missouri generally give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
High deductibles reduce prices – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
Chevy Sonic historical loss data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may require the services of an insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Kansas City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Kansas City can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will want to include several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Kansas City that can possibly get you price quote information.
Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Kansas City exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Kansas City should know the answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Kansas City?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Kansas City auto insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are in Kansas City. The company ratings displayed below can help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Persistence will pay off
Cheap Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Missouri.
- First, try to comprehend coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Seniors in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)