Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City? Sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Kia every month? You are no different than many other consumers in Missouri.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate objective, understanding how to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Kansas City is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell insurance in Missouri. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Kansas City. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to discover the definitive best rate on Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City.
If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, use these techniques to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Kansas City is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to compare company rates over the internet.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City
Some companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Kansas City car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce your insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Kia Rio yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, location of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, good student, homeowner, multi-car, business and professional, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To choose providers who offer discounts in Missouri, click here.
Reducing your Kia Rio insurance rates is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the advice and guidance of a local Kansas City agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. To get the best auto insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The table shown next showcases different coverage prices for Kia Rio models. Having a good grasp of how policy rates are figured can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Rio auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Kia Rio car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Rio replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
What is the best insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Kansas City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Kansas City auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
When getting Kansas City car insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Low-cost Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Kia Rio insurance in Kansas City
The most effective way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Kansas City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Missouri. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)