The easiest way to get more affordable Lincoln MKC insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Kansas City.
- First, try to learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Find a Kansas City insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on MKC insurance in Kansas City. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare other rates are very likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Kansas City is the reason you’re here, then knowing how to quote and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the following tips. The intent of this article is to familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Although Missouri drivers need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rates from lots of Missouri auto insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper Lincoln MKC rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Missouri. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Kansas City, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Kansas City with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Kansas City Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident Free – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies who may offer most of these discounts are:
Check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Kansas City. For a list of companies with significant discounts in Missouri, click this link.
How Your MKC Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The items below are a few of the things companies use to determine premiums.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your MKC policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability coverage is the protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Lincoln MKC historical loss data – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKC Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Kansas City who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Safeway Insurance Agency
3600 Broadway Suite 110 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-1222 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 454-0400 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Steve Conway
1404 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-6700 – View Map
- Jamie Bilton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 Hickman Mills Dr Ste D – Kansas City, MO 64137 – (816) 763-5444 – View Map
- Joe Nowatzki – State Farm Insurance Agent
10201 N Oak Trafficway #400 – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 420-0200 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has the business existed?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
More effort can pay off
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to compare Lincoln MKC insurance rates in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Lincoln MKC insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located at these links:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)