It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices are inclined to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that people who shopped around saved approximately $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Scion tC insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing how to find and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Kansas City. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Scion every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your tC can result in significantly higher rates.
Are you male or female? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below illustrates the difference between Scion tC auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Most companies give discounts to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Too many insurance claims will drive premiums up – Auto insurance companies in Missouri give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Scion tC insurance loss statistics – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance prices. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion tC Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion tC 133 139 136 148 152 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The best method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to and from local Kansas City insurance agencies. Comparing Scion tC insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the trained advice of a local Kansas City agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Kansas City tC insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Missouri. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Statistics and details
The table displayed next covers a range of rate quotes for Scion tC models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are figured helps drivers make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$254||$690||$450||$26||$134||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Kansas City location which can lower or raise coverage prices substantially.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Scion tC insurance prices for different age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can affect Scion tC car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Scion tC premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Scion tC settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle is required in Missouri but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Scion at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Missouri overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t neglect these money saving discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Scion tC car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Kansas City insurance agency
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to provide free insurance rate quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City willing to provide price quote information.
Allen Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
8900 Wornall Rd – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6362 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
What is the best auto insurance company in Missouri?
Choosing the top car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Missouri. The company rank data in the next section can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
We just covered many ways to find cheaper Scion tC insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Kansas City is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)