Want to learn how to buy low-cost car insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Chevy Colorado insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Chevy and get the lowest possible price.
Buy Kansas City Chevy Colorado insurance online
Finding a lower price on Chevy Colorado insurance can be relatively painless. You just have to spend a few minutes to compare rates to discover which company has affordable Chevrolet Colorado insurance quotes.
The following companies offer price quotes in Missouri. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Missouri, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Colorado insurance in Kansas City?
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some need to be asked about before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-line Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course - Participating in a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current Colorado insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in high school.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Kansas City can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the internet.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevy Colorado insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurers who offer discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Statistics and details
The premium information displayed next covers detailed analysis of prices for Chevy Colorado models. Having insight into how rate quotes are established can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$166||$392||$322||$20||$96||$996||$83|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$196||$476||$322||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$196||$392||$274||$16||$82||$960||$80|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$476||$322||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$196||$392||$274||$16||$82||$960||$80|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$224||$476||$274||$16||$82||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change prices considerably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Chevy Colorado insurance premiums for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Kansas City
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Colorado yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Missouri minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Colorado replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Smart Buyers Know How to Get Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Liability coverage - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high premiums - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Does car insurance cost more for males? - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females are in accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Colorado insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Better drivers pay less - Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Chevy Colorado insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive a fast car and pay more - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Chevrolet Colorado policy rates compared to other models that have different performances.
- Maintain insurance coverage - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- More stress means more cost - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like military generals, police officers, and miners have the highest average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Colorado - Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Colorado vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Colorado Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD 73 57 64 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD 90 89 86 67 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD 55 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD 67BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years