A recent study showed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Missouri could save almost 25% every year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
The preferred way to quote cheaper Chrysler Crossfire insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Kansas City. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best rates in Kansas City is really not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. But Missouri drivers do need to understand how companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Just remember that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you need to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Missouri. To get the best cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chrysler in Kansas City, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chrysler Crossfire. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
The Chrysler Crossfire Insurance Cost Equation
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Cheaper rates by combining – Most insurers will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Avoid tickets and save – Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Teen drivers in Missouri have been known to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
- Gender and car insurance prices – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Kansas City
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, air bags, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
When getting free Kansas City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas City, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Kansas City who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Kansas City should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Kansas City?
- How are they compensated?
- How many years have they been established?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Kansas City for you
If you would like to find a local Kansas City insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Kansas City can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When getting Kansas City auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Discount Chrysler Crossfire insurance in Kansas City is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)