Really, the only way to quote cheaper Chevy Volt insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in Kansas City.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around annually are inclined to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Kansas City is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Kansas City, MO. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance in Missouri serves several purposes
Even though Kansas City Volt insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Volt, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Chevy and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Volt are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to save money.
Cheaper Kansas City insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Kansas City Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Kansas City may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Missouri, click this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
When researching a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Kansas City can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Heartland Insurance Agency, Inc.
7301 Mission Rd #242, Prairie Village, KS 66208 – Prairie Village, MO 66208 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Banuelos Insurance Agency LLC
902 Southwest Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 994-3600 – View Map
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Deborah York
5775 NW 64th Terrace #201 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-4443 – View Map
- Steve Basinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
11040 Holmes Rd #100 – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 942-3288 – View Map
- Joe Janacaro – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 NW Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 587-8330 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Kansas City?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Once you have received acceptable answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Which is the best insurance?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chevy Volt is worth?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Missouri minimum liability coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Persistence will pay off
Cost effective Chevy Volt insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, so you need to shop Kansas City auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Chevy Volt insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)