Astonishing but true, most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,469, Missouri drivers can cut their rates by roughly $323 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Missouri. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Pacifica coverage is available in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Don't forget to put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Kansas City can really be easy if you know what you're doing. In essence, every person who buys auto insurance will get a lower-priced policy. But Missouri drivers must understand the way insurance companies set your policy premium.
Score discounts to get cheaper Kansas City auto insurance quotes
Some insurers don't always publicize every discount available very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some companies give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Kansas City Homeowners Discount - Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Kansas City could trigger savings on your bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Kansas City is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including if you went to college, whether or not you need a SR-22, how much you drive, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Missouri. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurer shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Kansas City should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Kansas City for you
When narrowing the list to find a local Kansas City insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Kansas City can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below are Kansas City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 - Kansas City, MO 64113 - (816) 361-8600 - View Map
Allen Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
8900 Wornall Rd - Kansas City, MO 64114 - (816) 361-6362 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get rate quotes.
Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 - Kansas City, MO 64112 - (816) 479-0212 - View Map
You can find affordable coverage
Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Kansas City is possible online and with local Kansas City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)