It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who compare rates at least once a year will probably switch auto insurance companies because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Kansas City is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Kansas City.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Kansas City. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Kansas City, MO. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Kansas City.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Kansas City who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
- ABBA Insurance, LLC
315 E 18th Ave – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 454-8833 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quotes.
- Joe Nowatzki – State Farm Insurance Agent
10201 N Oak Trafficway #400 – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 420-0200 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Kansas City?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.
Best auto insurance company in Kansas City
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Kansas City. The company rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies