Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
The most effective way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Kansas City is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Missouri.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Save money by earning discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, air bags, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for anti-theft, ease of repair, good driver, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, good student, pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, good student, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly retired, new graduate, and newly married.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- USAA discounts include military installation, family discount, safe driver, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Kansas City auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Kansas City. For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
How to buy Lexus GS 200t insurance in Kansas City
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Kansas City, MO. To find the cheapest auto insurance in MO, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance can get complicated
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lexus GS 200t is totaled?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Missouri?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying insurance from Kansas City insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive and independent Kansas City auto insurance agents
When searching for local Kansas City agents, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
- Northland Independent Insurance Group
5575 NW Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 587-1826 – View Map
- Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
- Nestel Insurance Agency
9233 Ward Pkwy #124 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6442 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
- Carleton Voorhies – State Farm Insurance Agent
7709 NW Prairie View Rd – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 741-3558 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Alisha Elliott
851 NW 45th St #301 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 841-9494 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Woody
1300 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 459-8010 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Kansas City?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Kansas City?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
After receiving good answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will provide insurance coverage.
Cover all your bases
Cheaper Lexus GS 200t insurance in Kansas City is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Lexus GS 200t insurance premium rates in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)