The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Kansas City.
- Learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Kansas City. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Kansas City insurance shoppers could pocket as much as $320 a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Continental is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To choose car insurance companies that offer discounts in Kansas City, click here.
Reducing your insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just have to take a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Lincoln Continental insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies can provide quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Kansas City, MO, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Comparing rates from local Kansas City insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Kansas City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Kansas City who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Kansas City that may be able to provide price quote information for Lincoln Continental insurance in Kansas City.
Allen Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
8900 Wornall Rd – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6362 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Kansas City will have answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Lincoln Continental insurance in Kansas City is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Seniors in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)