If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Kansas City.
- Read about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Kansas City. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Missouri have purchased from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American consumers could save 47% every year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
Getting cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG auto insurance pricing is not rocket science. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes from online providers.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to waste gas driving to and from local Kansas City insurance agencies. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. To locate cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels.
The following are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
How’s your driving record? – Only having one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Having a spouse pays dividends – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Deter car thieves – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Lower car insurance rates with continuous car insurance coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Missouri motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Bundle and save – The majority of insurers give lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount available very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety class may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, newly retired, newly married, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Kansas City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want local Kansas City agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Kansas City are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Kansas City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Kansas City will have answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Kansas City?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Kansas City?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can you contact them at any time?
After you get positive responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy any time you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper insurance in Kansas City is possible online in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)