The most effective way to get discount car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Kansas City.
- First, try to comprehend how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent high prices and find missing discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Missouri kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save up to 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 get Kansas City car insurance on the internet.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City car insurance with certain companies.
- Telematics Devices – Kansas City drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze driving patterns remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Frontier insurance premium.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly retired, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, good student, military active duty, air bags, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply in Kansas City. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Missouri, follow this link.
When looking for inexpensive Kansas City car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from different Kansas City insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Nissan Frontier insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find lower pricing. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Missouri. To find cheaper car insurance in MO, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The data table displayed below covers different insurance coverage prices for Nissan Frontier models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$108||$180||$436||$26||$130||$880||$73|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$126||$180||$436||$26||$130||$898||$75|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$126||$218||$436||$26||$130||$936||$78|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$144||$218||$436||$26||$130||$954||$80|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$144||$218||$436||$26||$130||$954||$80|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$144||$180||$348||$20||$104||$796||$66|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$258||$436||$26||$130||$994||$83|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$258||$436||$26||$130||$994||$83|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$144||$218||$348||$20||$104||$834||$70|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$164||$218||$348||$20||$104||$854||$71|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$164||$218||$348||$20||$104||$854||$71|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$218||$348||$20||$104||$854||$71|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$164||$218||$348||$20||$104||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect coverage rates noticeably.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Nissan Frontier car insurance rates for each different age category. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop buying full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Frontier replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Kansas City insurance agent
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Kansas City are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you price quotes.
- ABBA Insurance, LLC
315 E 18th Ave – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 454-8833 – View Map
- Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
- Banuelos Insurance Agency LLC
902 Southwest Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64108 – (816) 994-3600 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City willing to provide price quotes.
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dewey Osborn
6405 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-7300 – View Map
- Chris Hoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
8640 Green Hills Road #40 – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 436-8400 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Nissan Frontier insurance in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Nissan Frontier rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
A few companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Nissan Frontier insurance in Kansas City is available on the web in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for State Employees in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)