To save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Kansas City. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a policy with better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved over $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your target objective, then understanding how to shop and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Informed Drivers Save More
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Suzuki Forenza is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Beginning drivers in Missouri are known to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Good drivers pay the best rates – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to bad drivers. Even one citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have received careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
Insurance costs and driver gender – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Do you need those extra policy coverages? – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Employer stress can affect rates – Careers such as military personnel, business owners, and accountants tend to pay the highest average rates because of intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
How to buy Kansas City Suzuki Forenza insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find more affordable insurance. Not every company does Kansas City Forenza insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Missouri. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Suzuki Forenza
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Suzuki in Kansas City, insurance is mandatory in Missouri but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suzuki, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Suzuki for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Suzuki Forenza and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Suzuki gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Save a ton on Suzuki Forenza insurance in Kansas City with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Resident Student – College-age children living away from Kansas City attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Professional Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, and early bird.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
If you need low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Kansas City.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Kansas City auto insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Kansas City who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a good Kansas City insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-8810 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Mike Faeth
110 NW Barry Rd Ste 203 – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 436-6603 – View Map
- George Lounds – State Farm Insurance Agent
550 E 99th St – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 941-0055 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Woody
1300 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 459-8010 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can adequately provide insurance. But remember, consumers can cancel a policy when you choose so never feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
Kansas City auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Missouri. The rank data shown next may help you decide which auto insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
More quotes mean more insurance savings
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Suzuki Forenza insurance rates in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
When getting Kansas City car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Suzuki Forenza insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)