Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Kansas City could save 25% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Kansas City is to compare prices annually from companies in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more ideas to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Cheapest companies for Volvo S60 insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Determine discounts on Kansas City car insurance
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on S60 insurance in Kansas City.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Sign Online – Many companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, good driver, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, newly retired, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, early shopping, bundle discounts, business and professional, distant student, and teen driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, company car, air bags, and mature driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered on policies in Kansas City. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Kansas City, click this link.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Kansas City who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Kansas City?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Kansas City.
- David Krough – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 W 103rd St #206 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 943-6166 – View Map
- Antioch Insurance Agency
214 NE Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 454-0400 – View Map
- Steve Basinger – State Farm Insurance Agent
11040 Holmes Rd #100 – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 942-3288 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Keith Powell Agency Inc.
21 Linwood Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 753-0777 – View Map
If you receive positive responses to your questions as well as the cheapest Volvo S60 insurance in Kansas City quotes, you may have just found a company that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Specific coverages for a Volvo S60
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your S60 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Missouri drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, funeral costs, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and fire damage. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Missouri requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you many ideas to save on Volvo S60 insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)