The best way we recommend to get affordable Cadillac CTS insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Kansas City. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower prices are very likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Kansas City is the reason you’re here, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Kansas City is not that difficult. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the following tips. But Missouri car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Low cost Kansas City Cadillac CTS insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from different companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to and from local Kansas City insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the extra assistance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online and still use a local agent. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online Kansas City CTS insurance quotes, so you should also compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower Cadillac CTS insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Kansas City can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac CTS yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers offering insurance discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed below showcases different insurance costs for Cadillac CTS models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance premiums are figured can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|CTS Luxury AWD
|CTS Performance AWD
|CTS Premium AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Cadillac CTS insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless driving habits raise Kansas City car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and fender-benders can influence Cadillac CTS insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Cadillac CTS insurance
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac CTS insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Missouri. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac CTS claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Extra coverages can waste money – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Vehicle features that cut premiums – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major companies will give better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Cadillac CTS rates in Kansas City to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
- Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the miles on your Cadillac in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your CTS may be wasting your money.
- Your credit score is important – Your credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Cadillac CTS by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Missouri motor vehicle department.
Insurance loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles – Car insurance companies use claims history to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac CTS Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Kansas City who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Kansas City will have answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Kansas City?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City who may provide you with comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Gary Woods Agency Inc.
7211 NW 83 St Ste 140 – Kansas City, MO 64152 – (816) 587-8033 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 459-7779 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you get satisfactory answers to your questions as well as the cheapest Cadillac CTS insurance in Kansas City quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Best auto insurance in Missouri
Ending up with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Missouri. The ranking data below can help you choose which providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Be persistent to save money
The cheapest Cadillac CTS insurance in Kansas City can be bought on the web in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, so you need to quote Kansas City auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Cadillac CTS insurance in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)