The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Kansas City. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your objective, then knowing how to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using this information. Shopping around for the cheapest car insurance in Kansas City is not as difficult as people think. Nevertheless, Missouri car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Kansas City, MO. To locate cheap car insurance in MO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current V90 insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see providers who offer free Volvo V90 insurance quotes in Kansas City, click this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo V90 insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo V90 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your V90 greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Compare prices but still have a local Kansas City insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Exclusive and independent Kansas City car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Kansas City can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Mike Faeth
110 NW Barry Rd Ste 203 – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 436-6603 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
- Brady Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 Ward Pkwy Ste 100 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 333-5853 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agents in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
- Safeway Insurance Agency
3600 Broadway Suite 110 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-1222 – View Map
- Fusion Insurance Agency
5920 Wilson Ave – Kansas City, MO 64123 – (816) 470-9050 – View Map
If you feel you receive acceptable answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide auto insurance coverage. But keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage at any point so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.