Price shopping your Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City is always nearly impossible for people new to online insurance quotes. People have so many options that it can easily become a big hassle to find cheaper premium rates on Ford F-150 insurance.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City
The most effective way to get low-cost Ford F-150 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Kansas City. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for better prices are inclined to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate target, then learning about how to shop and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
It is always a good idea to check car insurance prices before your next renewal because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
To get affordable Ford F-150 insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance.
The following companies offer quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in MO, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of Ford F-150 rates
The price information displayed next highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Ford F-150 models. Understanding more about how rates are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$96||$144||$302||$18||$90||$650||$54|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$96||$184||$302||$18||$90||$690||$58|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$96||$184||$302||$18||$90||$690||$58|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$96||$184||$302||$18||$90||$690||$58|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$96||$184||$302||$18||$90||$690||$58|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$110||$184||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$124||$184||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$124||$184||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$124||$184||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$124||$224||$302||$18||$90||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$124||$264||$302||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$124||$264||$302||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$124||$264||$302||$18||$90||$798||$67|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$138||$264||$302||$18||$90||$812||$68|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$138||$264||$302||$18||$90||$812||$68|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$138||$264||$302||$18||$90||$812||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Ford F-150 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no written rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Kansas City, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford F-150 has a lienholder, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase on your F-150 policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Male rates may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most insurance companies provide lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare Ford F-150 rates in Kansas City to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Get married and pay lower rates – Having a significant other may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Ford F-150 insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting premium costs. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The data below shows the loss history for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford F-150 Vehicles Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts for Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Kansas City, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Kansas City, which companies do they recommend?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes for Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City.
- State Farm: Steve Conway
1404 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-6700 – View Map
- Allen Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
8900 Wornall Rd – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6362 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Williams Agency Inc.
6505 N Prospect Ave #100 – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 459-7779 – View Map
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
If you get reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a company that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
In the end, you can save money
Lower-priced car insurance in Kansas City is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding better rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Kansas City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount Ford F-150 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Kansas City. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper F-150 coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Active Military in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)