It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Kansas City is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Chevy Cruze insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide car insurance in Kansas City.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Kansas City is quite easy. In a nutshell, every car owner who compares rate quotes for auto insurance will most likely find a better price. But Missouri drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies calculate their prices because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City is to realize almost all companies participate in a system to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if you require a SR-22, the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you are married, and how much school you completed. Your details is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Missouri. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in MO, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
Marriage is a factor – Walking down the aisle may save some money when buying insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Job can influence prices – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military personnel, executives, and stock brokers usually pay higher premium rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Prevent theft and lower premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder vehicle theft.
Better insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chevy Cruze earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and burglary. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most major insurance companies will award better rates to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more by splitting coverages up.
Chevy Cruze insurance loss probability – Companies analyze historical claim data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have increased losses will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a safe driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, new graduate, safety features, preferred payment discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, student away at school, anti-theft, group or association, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-theft, driver training, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Kansas City, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Missouri?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Kansas City agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Mike Parisi
416 Armour Rd – North Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 221-3840 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Benbow
221 E Gregory Blvd b – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 333-3611 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
- SIMONE Insurance Agency, LLC
7138 N Norton Ave – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 739-8995 – View Map
- Heartland Insurance Agency, Inc.
7301 Mission Rd #242, Prairie Village, KS 66208 – Prairie Village, MO 66208 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Fusion Insurance Agency
5920 Wilson Ave – Kansas City, MO 64123 – (816) 470-9050 – View Map
Once you have positive responses and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can insure your vehicles. Just understand that you are able to cancel a policy for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Be persistent to save money
People switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to find lower-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company.
Cost effective Chevy Cruze insurance is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Kansas City auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)