It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Kansas City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
An important note is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Kansas City could save up to 25% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like deductibles desired, if you lease or own, how many miles driven, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Those rating factors is then submitted to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To get price quotes for your Dodge Ram now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. To buy the best auto insurance in Kansas City, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discount Kansas City insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Kansas City may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting coverage on a new Ram is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheaper Ram insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, defensive driver, good student, air bags, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, early quote, home ownership, new car, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, good student, safe driver, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly married, new graduate, multi-car, newly retired, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting free Kansas City auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Rates and information analytics
The information below highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram models. Having a better understanding of how rate quotes are formulated can be useful when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$176||$280||$340||$20||$102||$918||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$200||$340||$340||$20||$102||$1,002||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$222||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,084||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$462||$340||$20||$102||$1,146||$96|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$222||$462||$340||$20||$102||$1,146||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can revise insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Dodge Ram premium costs for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Kansas City
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn't a steadfast formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Ram book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Kansas City can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City who may provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Kansas City exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 - Kansas City, MO 64113 - (816) 361-8600 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Kansas City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Kansas City?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
After you get acceptable answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance.
How to know if you need help
When buying a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Kansas City?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Seven Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Ram insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of companies apply a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other Kansas City Ram insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If the Dodge Ram is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Living in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Missouri areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Driver age impacts costs - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Young drivers have been known to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Certain employers pay higher premiums - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like lawyers, executives, and medical professionals have higher average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Lower rates for being claim-free - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Missouri generally give the best rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Kansas City, auto insurance is required in Missouri but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Ram, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Ram. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Missouri car insurance companies
Finding a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Kansas City. The information displayed below may help you choose which providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best rates come from being thorough
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Kansas City is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Kansas City auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare Dodge Ram insurance rates in Kansas City. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Kansas City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information is located below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)