Do you want to save money by buying cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in Kansas City? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Mazda 5 in Missouri can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Mazda and obtain the best price possible either online or from Kansas City insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates occasionally because car insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rate on Mazda 5 insurance in Kansas City six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Obtaining price quotes for affordable protection in Kansas City is simple if you know the tricks. Smart buyers just need to learn the most time-saving way to quote multiple rates online.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in Missouri
The companies shown below offer quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Missouri, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage table displayed next outlines different insurance premium costs for Mazda 5 models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are determined can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$172||$350||$256||$16||$76||$870||$73|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$198||$426||$256||$16||$76||$972||$81|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$198||$426||$256||$16||$76||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can influence insurance rates significantly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Kansas City
The illustration below compares Mazda 5 insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Missouri minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda 5 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
How Insurers Calculate Mazda 5 Insurance Rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Mazda 5 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
City traffic equals higher rates – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Save mileage and save money – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your declarations sheet states the right rating data. An improperly rated 5 may be costing you.
Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Insurance loss data for a Mazda 5 – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Mazda 5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Some providers don’t list all their discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Kansas City may earn a discount on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper 5 insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 5 car insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, youthful driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, accident-free, and family plan.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Kansas City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Kansas City for you
When looking for a good Kansas City insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Kansas City can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
- Northland Independent Insurance Group
5575 NW Barry Rd – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 587-1826 – View Map
- Heartland Insurance Agency, Inc.
7301 Mission Rd #242, Prairie Village, KS 66208 – Prairie Village, MO 66208 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Tony Osborn
6510 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 454-6555 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long has their agency been in business in Kansas City?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Mazda 5 insurance rates in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
How to buy discount Mazda 5 insurance in Kansas City
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Mazda 5 insurance in Kansas City is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Missouri. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)