If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount Mercury Montego insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare prices from companies in Missouri. This can be done by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Kansas City. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to get free Mercury Montego insurance quotes online
The majority of larger companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. This process is possible for anyone as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find affordable prices.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Missouri. To find the cheapest car insurance in MO, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in Missouri
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mercury Montego with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Mercury Montego. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Montego insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new Montego can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive lower premium rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, good student, multi-car, and save driver.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, automatic seat belts, air bags, theft prevention, driver training, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, seat belt use, federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, driver training, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, drive less, multi-car, safe driver, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, good student, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
If you need affordable Kansas City car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Kansas City, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Kansas City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Kansas City that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in Kansas City.
- David Krough – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 W 103rd St #206 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 943-6166 – View Map
- Chris Hoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
8640 Green Hills Road #40 – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 436-8400 – View Map
- Etta McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
11818 Blue Ridge Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64134 – (816) 861-8600 – View Map
- State Farm: Bret Farrar
6406 E 87th St #103 – Kansas City, MO 64138 – (816) 333-4445 – View Map
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Frequent quotes can save
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Mercury Montego insurance rates in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Kansas City can be purchased on the web and with local Kansas City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)