Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City buyers have options when searching for the best price on Nissan cube insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and get the lowest price.
You need to quote other rates before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal on Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There are a lot of ways to save on cube insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to stop overpaying for insurance in Kansas City.
Components of Your Nissan cube Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Optional features that cut rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Females pay lower prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Nissan cube auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan cube earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Mature drivers save more – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the miles on your Nissan each year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your cube can cost quite a bit.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting quotes for Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system requests credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on these factors.
Getting online rates for Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get affordable prices.
To compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want the best auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table shown next highlights a range of prices for Nissan cube models. Having a better idea how policy rates are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$128||$190||$250||$14||$74||$656||$55|
|Cube SL 2WD||$128||$232||$250||$14||$74||$698||$58|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$146||$274||$250||$14||$74||$758||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Nissan cube yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Nissan cube insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insuring your Nissan cube just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan cube in Kansas City, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your cube has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Kansas City is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Kansas City car insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Kansas City car insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the difference between Nissan cube yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, good student, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Kansas City. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer online Nissan cube insurance quotes in Kansas City, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Kansas City may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quote information.
- Jesse Valenciano State Farm®
7932 N Oak Trafficway #208 – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-3004 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
- Chris Hoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
8640 Green Hills Road #40 – Kansas City, MO 64154 – (816) 436-8400 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
- Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
- Fusion Insurance Agency
5920 Wilson Ave – Kansas City, MO 64123 – (816) 470-9050 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
Once you have good responses to these questions and the cheapest Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company.
Cheaper car insurance in Kansas City can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
Steps to buying cheaper Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Nissan cube insurance in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)