It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Kansas City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievably, most Missouri car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States could save approximately $859 every year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The quickest way to compare rates for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Kansas City is to know the fact almost all companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if the vehicle is leased, if it has an anti-theft system, whether you have decent credit, and if you are currently licensed. Those rating factors is automatically sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To compare lower-cost Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Kansas City.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. To find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Bolt EV can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow data collection to track driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-car Discount – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with significant discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Kansas City, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Bolt EV has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Bolt EV more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Kansas City?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my trailer covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Local Kansas City car insurance agents and insurance
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Kansas City.
By using this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Kansas City who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to use a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents in Kansas City are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Kansas City that may be able to give price quotes.
- Nestel Insurance Agency
9233 Ward Pkwy #124 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6442 – View Map
- SIMONE Insurance Agency, LLC
7138 N Norton Ave – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 739-8995 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Kansas City exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Paul Arnone
3851 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 454-2152 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
- State Farm: Tony Guy
1100 Walnut St #130 – Kansas City, MO 64106 – (816) 221-9066 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?