To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Dakota insurance in Kansas City is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Missouri.
- Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Kansas City. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Remarkably, a study showed that most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. The average driver in Kansas City could save an average of nearly 25% each year, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Kansas City can be made easier if you know where to look. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this strategy. But Missouri drivers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Informed Consumers Save More
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Theft deterrents lower prices – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually for small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Dodge Dakota car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Does your employer raise your premiums? – Jobs such as lawyers, business owners, and emergency personnel have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, athletes and retirees pay the least.
Traffic violations are costly – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims can increase Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Better credit means lower costs – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Dakota if you improve your credit rating.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide Kansas City Dakota insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. To get cheaper car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance data for a Dodge Dakota
The table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Dakota models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are established is important for drivers to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$142||$274||$340||$20||$102||$878||$73|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$142||$274||$340||$20||$102||$878||$73|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$162||$274||$340||$20||$102||$898||$75|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$274||$340||$20||$102||$898||$75|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$322||$340||$20||$102||$946||$79|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$162||$322||$340||$20||$102||$946||$79|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$184||$274||$272||$16||$82||$828||$69|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$184||$274||$272||$16||$82||$828||$69|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$322||$340||$20||$102||$968||$81|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$274||$272||$16||$82||$828||$69|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$184||$274||$272||$16||$82||$828||$69|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$274||$272||$16||$82||$828||$69|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$322||$272||$16||$82||$876||$73|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$322||$272||$16||$82||$876||$73|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$322||$272||$16||$82||$876||$73|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$322||$272||$16||$82||$896||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Dodge Dakota insurance premiums for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Gender-based insurance premiums in Kansas City
The diagram below compares Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Buying the right Dodge Dakota insurance in Missouri is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Missouri and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Dodge Dakota and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates with these premium slashing discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total Dakota insurance premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will cut the cost of your policy.
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Allstate may have discounts that include multi-policy, passive restraint, eSmart discount, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, and good payer.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good student.
Double check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not be offered in every state. To locate car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Missouri, click here.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Kansas City car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Kansas City?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Kansas City
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
Ratings for Kansas City auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Kansas City. The rank data displayed below can help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Dodge Dakota insurance car insurance rates in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)