The preferred way to get cheaper Hyundai Ioniq insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell insurance in Kansas City.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover information to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Ioniq coverage is available in Kansas City. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Missouri being $1,469, drivers could save themselves $323 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched.
These six discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Ioniq insurance.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Missouri, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Kansas City is to know most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you went to college, the year, make and model of vehicles, how many miles driven, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Kansas City.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Missouri. To find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hyundai Ioniq?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Local Kansas City insurance agents and car insurance
Many people still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Kansas City.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a good Kansas City insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Kansas City that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
- Heartland Insurance Agency, Inc.
7301 Mission Rd #242, Prairie Village, KS 66208 – Prairie Village, MO 66208 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Deborah York
5775 NW 64th Terrace #201 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-4443 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donita Hunt
7501 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy – Kansas City, MO 64153 – (816) 587-4181 – View Map
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Ioniq to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, medical services, structural damage and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Missouri requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Ioniq.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Cost effective Hyundai Ioniq insurance can be bought on the web and with local Kansas City insurance agents, so get free Kansas City auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)