Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely buy a different policy because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Kansas City is your objective, understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Kansas City.
- Read and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like careless driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Cheapest companies for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Missouri
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Kansas City, MO. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Range Rover can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good driver, defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, youthful driver, teen driver, mature driver, homeowner, distant student, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, safe vehicle, air bags, paperless, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and mature driver.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Kansas City. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Missouri, click this link.
What Determines Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Rates?
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The items below are some of the things that factor into prices.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Your credit history is important – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Land Rover Range Rover by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Job stress can make you pay more – Careers like lawyers, architects, and miners usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Reduce prices by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Land Rover Range Rover is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Land Rover Range Rover claim probability – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Kansas City insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Kansas City who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Kansas City agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Kansas City who may provide free price quotes.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Kansas City?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Missouri?
After getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so never feel you are locked into the car insurance policy with no way to switch.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
You just learned many ideas to lower your Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When you buy Kansas City auto insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)