Do you get frustrated by the dozens of insurance providers that you can choose from? You have so many providers to choose from that it can really be a real challenge to compare premium rates on Lincoln MKS insurance. Everyone knows that Kansas City is an excellent city in which to live, but getting gouged by high insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to stay on budget.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in Missouri could cut their rates by roughly $320 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheaper insurance rates.
Cheapest Lincoln insurance rate quotes in Kansas City
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Missouri. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
The rate information displayed below covers estimates of prices for Lincoln MKS models. Being more informed about how policy rates are calculated can help customers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$372||$238||$14||$72||$876||$73|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$372||$238||$14||$72||$876||$73|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$420||$238||$14||$72||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Lincoln MKS premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Slash rates with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them early. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce your premiums.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
Check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view insurers with the best discounts in Kansas City, click here.
Local Kansas City insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Kansas City may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Kansas City that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Nestel Insurance Agency
9233 Ward Pkwy #124 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 361-6442 – View Map
- Francisco Banuelos Insurance
536 Benton Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64124 – (816) 920-5400 – View Map
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Andy Patton – State Farm Insurance Agent
5500 N Oak Trafficway #100 – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 453-6220 – View Map
- Irvin Pete – State Farm Insurance Agent
4450 Belleview Ave – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 216-1033 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tony Osborn
6510 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 454-6555 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Which family members are covered?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Kansas City?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
What is the best auto insurance company in Kansas City?
Ending up with a good quality insurance provider is hard considering how many choices you have in Missouri. The company ratings listed below may help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Budget-conscious Lincoln MKS insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Lincoln MKS insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Kansas City auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Kansas City auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding more affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Kansas City
Really, the only way to get affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in Kansas City is to annually compare prices from different companies in Missouri. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Kansas City. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)