The preferred way to get more affordable Audi A7 insurance in Kansas City is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who compare other rates are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A survey found that people who regularly shopped around saved about $72 a month compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate target, learning how to compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Missouri, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts on Kansas City car insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on A7 insurance in Kansas City.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor vehicle usage remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- E-sign – A handful of companies give back up to $50 shop Kansas City auto insurance on their website.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
Some of the larger companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Kansas City. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find a local Kansas City insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Kansas City can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Kansas City that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Kansas City Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
Maintain car insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Missouri department of motor vehicles.
Good drivers pay better premiums – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Even one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Single vs. married – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Claims statistics for an Audi A7 – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right A7 insurance in Missouri is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A7 insurance, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your A7, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Audi A7 insurance prices in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Kansas City auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Audi A7 insurance in Kansas City can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Kansas City agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)