Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who do rate comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Kansas City is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Buick Verano insurance in Kansas City is to annually compare prices from providers in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to lower rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Verano coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Compare Kansas City Buick Verano insurance quotes
There are several ways of comparing rates from lots of Missouri car insurance companies. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Buick Verano insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can compare the best prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy. When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Kansas City, MO. To locate cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, MO, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Affordable rates on Buick Verano insurance in Kansas City with these auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may save up to 20% off your total Verano insurance premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, multi-car, good student, save driver, and early quote.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, good student, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, accident-free, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including alternative fuel, business and professional, pay in full, teen driver, good student, and early shopping.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, good student, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, claim free, homeowner, and online shopper.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and location of vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Kansas City. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Buick Verano insurance quotes in Kansas City, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Kansas City auto insurance agents?
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Kansas City who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which family members are covered?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you should always check rates from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quote information.
What Affects Buick Verano Insurance Premiums?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are many optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Decrease insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Performance impacts insurance rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are for small economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- With age comes lower costs – Teenage drivers in Missouri have a tendency to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- What are your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage are how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
- When should you not file insurance claims? – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Missouri provide better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Claims statistics for a Buick Verano – Companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Verano Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Verano, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Buick Verano and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Verano are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Kansas City overpays more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance company ratings
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Kansas City. The ranking data displayed below could help you select which companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to shop for Buick Verano insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Kansas City auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
The cheapest Buick Verano insurance in Kansas City can be found both online in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)