Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved over $850 each year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide car insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Kansas City insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Cheaper Kansas City auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Kansas City Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Kansas City may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new Veloster can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in Kansas City.
All the larger car insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get price estimates on their websites. The process is pretty easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and returns a price. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Kansas City, MO. In order to find cheap auto insurance in MO, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Gender and insurance coverage costs – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Veloster policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
What are good liability insurance limits? – Liability coverage kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Annual mileage impacts prices – The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Veloster may be costing you.
Increase coverage deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Hyundai Veloster claim data – Companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the loss history for Hyundai Veloster vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Veloster Turbo||116||87||104||98||89||101|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Kansas City that can provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Where are claims handled?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When searching for a local Kansas City insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Kansas City can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City willing to provide price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City willing to provide price quotes.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance in Kansas City is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheap Hyundai Veloster insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)