Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Most drivers in Missouri could save themselves $300 a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Missouri. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons for Pontiac G8 insurance in Kansas City is to know most of the bigger providers participate in a system to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including what you do for a living, your credit rating estimate, whether you are married, and how much coverage you want. The data is submitted instantly to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Missouri. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in MO, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in Missouri
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Pontiac G8, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Pontiac G8 Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the things that factor into your prices.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- An active policy claims history can cost more – Auto insurance companies in Missouri provide cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Lots of insurance companies provide a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Get married and pay lower costs – Your spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- What are good liability limits? – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Cheaper Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Kansas City
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new G8 can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies provide a small discount get Kansas City car insurance on the web.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Pontiac G8 rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Kansas City. To view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Missouri, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What if I total my Pontiac G8 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Missouri?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Kansas City insurance agencies?
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agents is still important in Kansas City.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Kansas City that may be willing to give price quote information for Pontiac G8 insurance in Kansas City.
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-8810 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Gary Woods Agency Inc.
7211 NW 83 St Ste 140 – Kansas City, MO 64152 – (816) 587-8033 – View Map
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Kansas City should know the answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance company that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
More effort can pay off
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Pontiac G8 insurance prices in Kansas City. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Kansas City car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Kansas City Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)