Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Kansas City is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Missouri.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many drivers in Kansas City could save 25% each year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Components of Your Porsche 911 Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The following are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Safety ratings are a factor – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your Porsche earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Higher coverage deductibles save money – The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Save by staying claim free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Missouri give lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Rates may be lower depending on your occupation – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher rates than average because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, athletes and performers get better rates.
Porsche 911 claim statistics – Insurers analyze historical claim data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have increased rates. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr||191||47||173||24|
|Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible||197||51||224||36|
|Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD||349||367|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Porsche 911 insurance rate analysis
The data table shown below outlines a range of coverage costs for Porsche 911 models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are determined can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$518||$302||$18||$90||$1,146||$96|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$518||$302||$18||$90||$1,164||$97|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$236||$518||$256||$16||$76||$1,102||$92|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$518||$302||$18||$90||$1,164||$97|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$236||$518||$256||$16||$76||$1,102||$92|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$568||$302||$18||$90||$1,214||$101|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$568||$302||$18||$90||$1,214||$101|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$236||$568||$256||$16||$76||$1,152||$96|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$256||$518||$256||$16||$76||$1,122||$94|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$568||$302||$18||$90||$1,234||$103|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$256||$616||$302||$18||$90||$1,282||$107|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$664||$302||$18||$90||$1,366||$114|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$664||$302||$18||$90||$1,366||$114|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$292||$714||$256||$16||$76||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can impact prices significantly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive safe and save
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents drive up Porsche 911 auto insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based insurance rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Porsche 911 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Porsche 911 insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Kansas City, click here to view.
Affordable auto insurance prices are available
When you buy Kansas City auto insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Porsche 911 insurance in Kansas City is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)