Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost car insurance rates in Kansas City, MO? Kansas City buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Audi A5 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Audi and obtain the cheapest rates.
Consumers need to quote other rates on a regular basis because car insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on Audi A5 insurance in Kansas City a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding A5 insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to find cheap car insurance in Kansas City.
Most of the larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. The process is quite easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When complete, their quoting system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. To get the cheapest car insurance in Missouri, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Determine discounts on Kansas City auto insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Kansas City auto insurance with certain companies.
- Online Discount – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Kansas City auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Audi A5 insurance in Kansas City.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Missouri, click here to view.
Audi A5 insurance analysis
The premium information displayed next covers estimates of insurance rates for Audi A5 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are established can help you make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$428||$294||$18||$88||$1,030||$86|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$428||$294||$18||$88||$1,030||$86|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$486||$294||$18||$88||$1,088||$91|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$486||$294||$18||$88||$1,088||$91|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$202||$486||$294||$18||$88||$1,088||$91|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$486||$346||$20||$104||$1,158||$97|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$486||$346||$20||$104||$1,158||$97|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$486||$294||$18||$88||$1,108||$92|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$486||$346||$20||$104||$1,178||$98|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$486||$346||$20||$104||$1,178||$98|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$542||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premiums noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Audi A5 premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Reckless driving habits raise Kansas City car insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can affect Audi A5 insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below compares Audi A5 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A5 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Four Tips to Get Lower-cost Kansas City Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Frequent claims will cost you more – Auto insurance companies in Missouri give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Is you job costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like doctors, airline pilots, and accountants tend to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and performers pay the least.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated Missouri areas regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance loss data for an Audi A5 – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that historically have higher losses will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Audi A5 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Kansas City who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Kansas City?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Quote more to save more
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Audi A5 insurance premium rates in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Kansas City auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Discount Audi A5 insurance in Kansas City can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Kansas City agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding low-cost Audi A5 insurance in Kansas City
The recommended way to get discount car insurance rates in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Missouri. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical coverages on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)