Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can consume your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare rates once a year are likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance can save time and money.
Steps to buying affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Kansas City
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Kansas City is to compare prices once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Missouri. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to get lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on 200 insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
You have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Chrysler 200 insurance in Kansas City.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes every six months since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rate on Chrysler 200 insurance in Kansas City six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
We hope to introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and how to save the most money. If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these tips. Smart shoppers just need to use the tricks to shop instantly.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Kansas City, MO. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City car insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Kansas City car insurance quotes online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Kansas City drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these discounts are:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chrysler 200 rate quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Kansas City.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Kansas City.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you would like to find a local Kansas City insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Kansas City who can help you get price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Robert Redmond Agency Inc.
6315 Brookside Plaza #104 – Kansas City, MO 64113 – (816) 361-8600 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Kansas City Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- With age comes responsibility – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Accidents can increase prices – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Women pay lower prices – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a good credit history can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Chrysler 200 by improving your rating.
Chrysler 200 insurance loss statistics – Insurers factor in historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chrysler 200 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Chrysler Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insuring your 200 just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 200 insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 200, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Chrysler 200 and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Kansas City overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Best car insurance company in Missouri
Buying coverage from a high-quality insurer is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Kansas City. The company ratings shown next may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Cheap auto insurance is out there
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Chrysler 200 insurance premium rates online in Kansas City. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Kansas City car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting Kansas City car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
How to buy discount Chrysler 200 insurance in Kansas City
The most effective way to save on Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Kansas City.
- Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper 200 coverage is available in Kansas City. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)