Finding cheaper insurance for your Mazda MPV in Missouri can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Mazda and find the lowest price.
Finding a lower price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates to see which company has cheaper Kansas City car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Missouri. To buy cheap auto insurance in Kansas City, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda MPV insurance, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your MPV, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Missouri overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts can help save money on Mazda MPV insurance in Kansas City
Companies don’t list all their discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new MPV can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Kansas City car insurance on the internet.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on MPV insurance in Kansas City.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, student away at school, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, new graduate, teen driver discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, good student, and preferred payment discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Kansas City. To locate providers that offer discounts in Kansas City, follow this link.
Local Kansas City car insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Kansas City insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Kansas City can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Deborah York
5775 NW 64th Terrace #201 – Kansas City, MO 64151 – (816) 746-4443 – View Map
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Tony Osborn
6510 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 454-6555 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to contact at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agencies in Kansas City that can give you comparison quotes.
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
- DeMasters Insurance, LLC
1130 Westport Rd – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 531-1000 – View Map
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Mazda MPV?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, falling objects, fire damage, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, chiropractic care and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mazda MPV.
Due to the fact that many Missouri drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Missouri limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, court costs, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Missouri state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your MPV resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your MPV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Kansas City is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Kansas City agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to saving on Mazda MPV insurance in Kansas City
The most effective way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Kansas City.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper MPV coverage is available in Kansas City. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)