Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance is your intention, learning the best way to shop and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Truthfully, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Kansas City. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more ideas to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Kansas City is really not that difficult. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. You just have to learn the quickest method to get comparison rates online.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is not a difficult process. Just invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from online providers.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to quote Dodge Ram 3500 insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Missouri. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance prices with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, multiple autos, driver’s education, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, early quote, continuous insurance, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, defensive driver, bundle, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information displayed below outlines a range of prices for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$226||$340||$272||$16||$82||$936||$78|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$276||$400||$272||$16||$82||$1,046||$87|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$276||$462||$408||$24||$122||$1,292||$108|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$276||$462||$272||$16||$82||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$276||$462||$272||$16||$82||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$276||$522||$408||$24||$122||$1,352||$113|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$276||$522||$408||$24||$122||$1,352||$113|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$276||$522||$408||$24||$122||$1,352||$113|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$276||$462||$272||$16||$82||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$276||$462||$272||$16||$82||$1,108||$92|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$276||$522||$408||$24||$122||$1,352||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premiums noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Dodge Ram 3500 yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age-based insurance rates by gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 3500 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Dodge Ram 3500 Insurance Rates?
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Frequent policy claims will increase rates – Auto insurance companies in Missouri award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Youthful vs. mature drivers – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like doctors, business owners, and medical professionals generally pay the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and performers get better rates.
Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Kansas City can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Dodge Ram 3500 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about insurance in Missouri can be read below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas City Car Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)