If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Honda Insight insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Kansas City.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Missouri can cut their rates by almost 25% a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes direct online. This process is very simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, their rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Getting online price quotes for Honda Insight insurance in Kansas City simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest payment.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Missouri. To buy cheap car insurance in Kansas City, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table shown below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Honda Insight models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage rates substantially.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Honda Insight auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Kansas City that provide free Kansas City auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Kansas City?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good Kansas City insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Kansas City are either exclusive or independent.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Kansas City that are able to give price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Jeff Woody
1300 NW Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 459-8010 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Alisha Elliott
851 NW 45th St #301 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 841-9494 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are Kansas City independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Francisco Banuelos Insurance
536 Benton Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64124 – (816) 920-5400 – View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-8810 – View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3900 Broadway a – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 287-0873 – View Map
Ratings for Kansas City auto insurance companies
Selecting a good quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Missouri. The ranking information below can help you decide which insurers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance