The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Kansas City. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of auto insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides the details to help keep prices low and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare other prices will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to find and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Companies offering affordable Jeep Cherokee rate quotes in Kansas City, MO
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Kansas City, MO. To get the best cheap auto insurance in MO, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Esurance may include discounts for emergency road assistance, online shopper, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better car insurance rates. Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Job can influence rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as lawyers, executives, and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
Discounts for married couples – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Low credit history equals high rates – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Cherokee by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance will provide protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Poor driving habits leads to higher costs – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Insurance companies in Missouri provide most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Jeep Cherokee scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Jeep Cherokee statistical loss data – Insurers analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my Jeep Cherokee need full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to contact an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Kansas City that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they been in business?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are they compensated?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good Kansas City insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Kansas City can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quotes.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Kansas City can be bought online in addition to many Kansas City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)