Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Missouri can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Jeep Patriot insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Kansas City. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and poor credit can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more ideas to help reduce prices and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Companies offering Jeep Patriot insurance in Missouri
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Kansas City, MO. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in MO, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Jeep Patriot insurance analysis
The rate table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Jeep Patriot models. Having insight into how insurance rates are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$106||$202||$346||$20||$104||$778||$65|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$106||$202||$346||$20||$104||$778||$65|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$122||$246||$346||$20||$104||$838||$70|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$122||$246||$346||$20||$104||$838||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Jeep Patriot insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Jeep Patriot insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Patriot settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Kansas City auto insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Jeep Patriot premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Missouri state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, mature driver, good student, homeowner, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, defensive driver, and claim free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, good student, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, and senior citizen.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Missouri, click this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the most common factors that factor into rates.
Avoid traffic tickets – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Having just one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Jeep Patriot insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Prices may be lower depending on your employer – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher rates than average due to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like professors, historians and performers get better rates.
- Continuous coverage lowers premiums – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
- Where you call home – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Jeep each year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Patriot may be wasting your money.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – An insured’s credit score factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jeep Patriot by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Claims statistics for a Jeep Patriot – Insurers analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Patriot vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Patriot is totaled?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What is the minimum liability in Missouri?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
What if I want to buy from local Kansas City insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Kansas City can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Paul Arnone
3851 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 454-2152 – View Map
- State Farm: Bret Ohlhausen
8549 N Church Rd – Kansas City, MO 64157 – (816) 781-4960 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Clint Cole Agency Inc.
8301 State Line Rd Ste 112 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 444-7468 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Kansas City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Bargain Insurance Connection
2635 NE Vivion Rd – Kansas City, MO 64119 – (816) 453-7722 – View Map
- Abbott Insurance Inc.
8117 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 452-8810 – View Map
- Chris Jones Insurance Agency
435 Nichols Rd #200 Kansas City, MO 64112 – Kansas City, MO 64112 – (816) 479-0212 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
The cheapest Jeep Patriot insurance in Kansas City can be purchased online and with local Kansas City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, denial of a claim, poor customer service or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be pretty painless.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)