Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Jeep Wrangler in Missouri can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Jeep and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Kansas City agents.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around saved as much as $70 a month compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Kansas City is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding quotes for the lowest cost auto insurance in Kansas City is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most effective way to find the lowest price on the web.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Kansas City is to know the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if the vehicle is leased, how your vehicles are used, coverage limits, and your general credit rating. The data is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they return quotes immediately.
To find lower cheap Jeep Wrangler insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Kansas City, MO. To buy the best car insurance in Kansas City, MO, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance rates in Kansas City.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts should help lower your policy premium.
The illustration below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Missouri state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, good student, multi-car, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen driver, air bags, paid in full, mature driver, company car, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, and driver training.
- USAA may have discounts that include family discount, defensive driver, multi-policy, military installation, and annual mileage.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in Kansas City. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Kansas City, click this link.
Rates and information analytics
The premium information shown below outlines different coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Having knowledge of how premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$162||$222||$360||$22||$108||$874||$73|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$162||$222||$450||$26||$134||$994||$83|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$162||$282||$360||$22||$108||$934||$78|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$186||$222||$450||$26||$134||$1,018||$85|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$186||$282||$360||$22||$108||$958||$80|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$186||$222||$450||$26||$134||$1,018||$85|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$186||$222||$450||$26||$134||$1,018||$85|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$186||$282||$360||$22||$108||$958||$80|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$186||$282||$450||$26||$134||$1,078||$90|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$210||$282||$450||$26||$134||$1,102||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Missouri minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in Kansas City location which can raise or lower prices greatly.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Jeep Wrangler insurance prices for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Kansas City
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Missouri. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Wrangler settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Kansas City who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Kansas City can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive agents in Kansas City who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Bret Farrar
6406 E 87th St #103 – Kansas City, MO 64138 – (816) 333-4445 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Tim Presko
7817 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 436-6000 – View Map
- Brady Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 Ward Pkwy Ste 100 – Kansas City, MO 64114 – (816) 333-5853 – View Map
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quote information.
- McLaughlin Insurance Agency
406 W 34th St #802 – Kansas City, MO 64111 – (816) 931-3341 – View Map
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
- Traders Insurance Co
9300 Troost Ave – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 333-5030 – View Map
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
Never let your coverage lapse – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
High deductibles lower prices – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage are how much the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Cheaper rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
Vehicles with better crash test results means better premiums – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
High credit score translates to low premiums – Your credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Jeep Wrangler if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Jeep Wrangler insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jeep Wrangler, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep Wrangler and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How much can you save?
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, policy cancellation or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheap Jeep Wrangler insurance in Kansas City is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
How to find low-cost rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Kansas City
Really, the only way to find low-cost Jeep Wrangler insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Kansas City. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)