Do you want to learn to get more competitive Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City? Using the web to shop for Kansas City car insurance quotes online could seem overwhelming if you have never taken advantage of online price quotes. But don’t surrender to high rates because there is an easy way to compare rates for Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most Missouri auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could save themselves as much as $850 a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Cheap companies for Acura ILX insurance in Missouri
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Kansas City, MO. To locate cheap car insurance in Missouri, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Car Insurance at a Discount
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
When should you not file car insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Missouri generally give the best rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Responsible drivers pay better prices – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. People who have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Limits of liability – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Bundle policies with the same company – Most major companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. It’s possible to still save money by splitting coverages up.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Youthful drivers in Missouri are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a beginning driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Credit score impacts costs – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ILX by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Acura ILX insurance loss probability – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current ILX insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive better insurance rates.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, ease of repair, annual mileage, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, business or organization, defensive driving, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Kansas City. To view providers with the best Acura ILX insurance discounts in Kansas City, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Kansas City, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Kansas City?
Different types of Kansas City auto insurance agents
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Kansas City that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Bret Farrar
6406 E 87th St #103 – Kansas City, MO 64138 – (816) 333-4445 – View Map
- Matt Rich Farmers Insurance Agency
5730 N Broadway – Kansas City, MO 64118 – (816) 479-4747 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donita Hunt
7501 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy – Kansas City, MO 64153 – (816) 587-4181 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Below are independent agencies in Kansas City that can give you price quote information.
- Francisco Banuelos Insurance
536 Benton Blvd – Kansas City, MO 64124 – (816) 920-5400 – View Map
- Beverly Baker Insurance Agency Inc.
8708 N Oak Trafficway – Kansas City, MO 64155 – (816) 452-8600 – View Map
- Traders Insurance Co
9300 Troost Ave – Kansas City, MO 64131 – (816) 333-5030 – View Map
Once you have reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind you can always cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t think that you are obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.
You just read many ideas to shop for Acura ILX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Kansas City car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Kansas City, so you need to shop Kansas City car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying low-cost Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City
Really, the only way to find discount Acura ILX insurance in Kansas City is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Missouri. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Kansas City Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)