It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on Acura RLX insurance in Kansas City is your objective, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for Acura RLX insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Kansas City.
- First, read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the best rates in Kansas City can be made easier if you know where to look. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Consumers only have to learn the most effective way to compare prices from many different companies.
What Affects Acura RLX Insurance Rates?
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
The following are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Marriage can lower costs – Being married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Avoid tickets and save – Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. People who have multiple tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are proven to be inattentive in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your RLX policy. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Higher rates for policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Insurance losses for an Acura RLX – Insurers use claims history as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RLX Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a cheaper price on Acura RLX insurance can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to spend a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to spend time driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Acura RLX insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Kansas City, MO. To find the best car insurance in Missouri, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura RLX in Kansas City, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Missouri these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your RLX, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Acura but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Kansas City with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on RLX insurance in Kansas City.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount shop Kansas City auto insurance on the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Kansas City may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in your state. To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Kansas City, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local Kansas City insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Kansas City?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Kansas City?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agencies in Kansas City that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agencies in Kansas City who can help you get rate quotes.
Daniel Crawford Insurance Agency
1201 NW Briarcliff Pkwy #345 – Kansas City, MO 64116 – (816) 390-4790 – View Map
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
How much can you save?
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Acura RLX insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Kansas City auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in Missouri is available at these links:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Kansas City Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Kansas City? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)